Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Extra Post Day #48,,,,A more serious note, paying respect to a colleague and thinking about leadership

Shocking news made its way through social media on Monday to me in Texas. People were curious if I knew the victim because we both had the same job, public school Superintendent, and because it happened in Western NY. Because my tenure as Superintendent was in Central New York, I did not know Keith, but many of my colleagues did.

Rest in peace, Keith Reed



The link below will show you where Clymer, NY, is located in the far southwest corner of NY. I now live in Portville, near Olean as seen on the map. I recently moved from Auburn, also shown in the map view.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said, my beautiful friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes. As a college administrator (VP for Administration), I understand too well all that you express in this narrative. This incident is horrific if it is random and even moreso if it is a result of his leadership position. It truly does hit too close to home.

    ReplyDelete