Friday, September 14, 2012

Day #37 Arrival at Thousand Oaks and CONTEST CLUE #3


Back to Pelican Isle for breakfast...

First time eating eggs Benedict with an extra... crab cakes!

I had some extra time and drove north on Pacific Highway 1 just to explore. I ended up at South Coast Botanical Gardens in Palos Verdes Penninsula.









Artists or retirees?

Roses for my Mama, Helen Rose




Dalia gardens
All this serenity and beauty in the 103 degree heat and shots rang out...
 
We are in Southern California and they are on sight filming...


They were filming down near the lake. Security kept the public out, but I heard them yell ACTION and I heard multiple gun shots more than one time.



Just an hour in moderate traffic led me to my dear childhood friend, Melodie, on Blueberry Lane, welcoming me with...

Peacock feathers! They are her favorite, too!
 

CONTEST CORNER

CONTEST UPDATE, Third Opportunity to Receive a Clue

In the Day#14 post, dated 8/23/12, I announced the contest and the complete details required for submission. The short version is: Guess how many views this blog will have by the end of my journey, October 11. Prize to winner: dinner for two at a restaurant within 100 miles of your home, redeemable not later than October 2014. Guess the total number of blog views without going over. The closest one wins. Guess exactly and theatre tickets will be added. There were 800 views as of 8/23.

Realizing it will be in the entrants best interest to WAIT until closer to the end of my voyage to submit their one and only guess, I will be adding opportunities for people to earn clues to assist them with estimating their final guess. The first three (3) people who respond with the correct answer to the question #3 with be given the answer to the clue #3.

 Question #3:  
Who played Maria that was gracious enough to give me her autograph backstage after the performance?

Clue #3:  
The first three (3) individuals who answer question #3 correctly will be told the date that the number of views doubled from the beginning of the contest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment