Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day #36 Beach and Book Day, and, perhaps, a Bit of Scandal

Nearly noon at Seal Beach and heavy fog reducing visibility for miles

Ruby's, at the end of the pier, can just barely be seen.


And then, almost instantly, it was gone and the glory of the sun shone through! (Note the pelican in flight!)
With a borrowed chair from the motel office, I set up for the afternoon, breathing, thinking, looking, listening, touching, smelling, languishing, lingering...

Shadow ready at base camp
 Views from in under my happy umbrella (Thank you, Helen P!)...



Busy Sandpiper



Resting Pelican

Base camp!

Wind surfers who started at Huntington Beach

Simple, creative shots bring me joy

Perfection

Gulls facing the wind and warming in the sand
Best beach read of the summer... Fifty Shades of Grey

Because I can.


I eyed this place right across the street from the Seal Beach Pier and came back for my supper after writing and resting and reading back in the hotel room for a bit.
Going for another first time ever: Shrimp and Grits!

Let me introduce you to Cody. I got tired of all those stiff, quiet men and found a handsome, young one right here in Southern CA. BECAUSE I CAN.
 Awesome sunset...


Fun entertainment back at Pelican Isle while I waited for my 9 p.m. date with Wesley. (Notice I did not say Cody.)

I had called this number, and I was not going to be late!

This is Wesley, my private Gondolier. He sang "Oh Sole Mio" to me as we navigated the channels of Huntington Beach.
I sang to him, too. "Over the Rainbow" "My favorite Things" "Do You Love Me?"


Stars and water and music and....

a handsome young man! (Love the shadow shots!)

Another kind of perfection

and with a little special effect!

Did I mention that I was enjoying every day? Did I tell you about the three men in my life today? Christian Grey. Cody. Wesley. Scandalous...

1 comment: