Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day #35 Orange County - Huntington and Seal Beach

This was the fortune I received in a cookie after my first Indian cuisine in Burbank with Denise...

While not all of my journeys have been to exotic places, I certainly have been blessed to travel to MANY wonderful places with greetings and hugs from MANY wonderful faces. And there is more to come!
Literally, it was just a 20 minute drive from last night's bed (Anaheim) to this night's bed (Huntington Beach), I was too early to check in. They let me leave my car and I walked ten minutes to a delightful marina for my first meal of the day just before noon. This was the view from my table.

Overcast skies had broken into glorious sunshine!

Extremely generous portions!

And the smallest check seen on this journey for a sit down meal!

While eating, I noted this salon right next door and, since I still had time to kill, inquired within about the possibility of taking care of my roots and trimming my  bangs.

Tommy had been sitting on the deck warming up while I was eating next door. He said, "I noticed you eating on the Pelican Isle deck and thought ~my, my that lady needs her roots colored!" It was another bargain - only $60! Whoot-whoot!

Not sure what or who this message was intended for, but I liked it!


Motel not Hotel, Oceanview without the ocean. I knew this before I came. Clean, family run on Pacific Highway 1 with the beach just across the road. $67 a night with my Triple A membership! 
Refreshed after a nap, I made my way to Seal Beach and Pier just a couple of miles away.

Waiting for the perfect wave

A photo shoot of some sort going on

And at the end of the pier was a retro burger bar & soda fountain


30 years serving Seal Beach in Orange County at the Pier's end




Locals get the daily surf conditions...best waves early in the day
This guys not too sure...

But his buddies are!
Sunset as I ate my Hawaiian turkey burger

Oil rig and big barge with thunderhead clouds lingering on the horizon

Pelicans were crashing into the water for their evening meal.


Looking back towards the shoreline

Gorgeous

Peaceful

The Seal of Seal Beach
All is well.

2 comments:

  1. Friends of ours lived in Seal Beach 10-15 years ago, and we were fortunate to be able to visit them twice during there time there...Your photos brought back many memories of fondly familiar places!

    They have since relocated (twice!) first to the Chicago area and, currently, to the Toronto region. Christine and I enjoyed both visits and would like to get back someday. May I suggest a visit to the San Diego Zoo and a tour of the Queen Mary in Long Beach...Ahhh...So much to see and do...and time and ability to see and do! We are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find my spell-check enhanced typo for BONUS POINTS!

    ReplyDelete