Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day #49 Sherman, TX and family time waning

Tuesday was spent with errands and dinner and, later, a good movie for the adults... leaving Baby Ethan with a friend for the first time.


 Baby Ethan goes for a walk with Daddy learning how things are done right around the house! "This is how you feed the dogs. This is how you load the dishwasher." Nancy and I giggle at the Brad-isms and the similar expressions that the two of us use. "Judas!" & "Judas Priest!" (The Warner side of the family knows about this.)

Mama gave Ethan his bath and then he smells really good!

Unloading the family for dinner at Logan's Roadhouse


All the Worth's together in Texas! The color coordination was purely coincidental, extra special that Ethan wore blue but had red socks on! He pulled us all together!


Brothers, little and big


Ethan's hand-crocheted hat made by Aunt Mary Kay's niece, Mary Kewley, while in Olympia. He will grow into it and then, maybe, he will like it better!(He was actually fussy before we tried on the hat. No worries, Niece Mary.)

Nancy sporting Mini Mouse ears

Brad tries his sleep blinders out. He is going to try third shift.

Is Jack Skellington helping with Jake's homework?

How many pins did I acquire for my sun hat?

Some fun with hats during the days I was here.... who wins for best hat/head gear?















































 And the winner is.....
Who also has the coolest room in the house!


The movie choice was very good with a strong cast: Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams, Justin Timberlake. My "SING WITH ME" selection will be directly from this flick.

Leaving Ethan with a friend for his first time prompted memories from 30 years ago. The first time I left Tom with a sitter was in the summer of 1982. Bud and I decided we needed a night out, so dinner and a movie was planned. That movie never happened.

As a new mother, I was anxious about leaving my infant son, even if it was with a good friend, Dee Nesbitt. I am certain a mother's intuition factored in as during dinner I decided I wanted to skip the movie, get Tom and go home.

When we got to Dee's, Tom was sleeping quietly. Dee, however, was having a stroke and needed an ambulance. It was scary. Dee had several medical concerns, but this was new. She was never quite the same. She has since passed and, I am certain, now has a healthy body and soul. Bill and Dee were good friends.

When we arrived to pick up Baby Ethan, he was sleeping peacefully in Auntie Gracie's arms. She thanked Brad and Nancy for the opportunity to watch him for a couple of hours.

The next time I hold Ethan he will likely be walking, maybe even talking. That's the trouble with families living so far apart. We will need to set up Skype to share the milestones as they are fleeting.

Wednesday is a travel day, making my way from Dallas Love to Houston Hobby.  This leg has been extra special.

No comments:

Post a Comment