Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day #21 Getting Familiar with the Olympia area

At Mickey and Lorrie's home I was given a choice of rooms, primarily because of bed options (hard or soft). The decision was easy when I spotted the headdress, a PEACOCK PROUD headdress, on the wall! Yay, Mary! My niece, a woman after my own heart! 

"What will it take to get us here? Goals and gumption and facing our fears. Peacock proud I stand today. Proud of you. Proud of me."
A quick tour of Olympia in the man cave truck was in order before Mick had to head to his shift at the state penitentiary, Shelton Prison. Lorrie and I spent the afternoon seeing the sites more closely.
Washington State's capitol building is in Olympia. (Add another one to my list, Tom!)
The Healer by Leon Wright
Washington State law requires art work in every area that receives state funds.
Lorrie and MK get a blessing from The Healer!
The Kiss
Mosaic of the Olympia waterways. NOTE the capitol building bottom, center in white surrounded by brown.
We watched the food chain at work for almost 45 minutes. Small chum/minnows, 3-4 inch fish, Pacific King Salmon (Chinook) and harbor seals fed or avoiding being food as we watched from a bridge within view of the capitol building in the center of Olympia. As many as four harbor seals were at work.


On Thursday morning we will be up and on the road early (5:30 a.m.) to get to the Amtrak station. Lorrie and I are headed to Vancouver, Canada, for a mini-adventure. I am not taking my computer and will post Day #22 and #23 in one post on Saturday. I will, though, upload a shot or two on Facebook during the excursion. 

Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment