Monday, August 27, 2012

Day #18 Back in Modesto... matinee at the Gallo to see "The Sound of Music"

Easy drive back to Modesto before noon, laundry and a quick rest before heading to the Gallo Center for the Arts presented by MPO, Modesto Performing Arts, for their final production of The Sound of Music.

Wikipedia:  E & J Gallo Winery was founded in 1933 by Ernest Gallo and Julio Gallo in Modesto, California. E & J Gallo Winery is the largest exporter of California wines and is a large promoter of wines from Sonoma County. 


The Sound of Music is my ALL TIME favorite musical.Quick, how many songs can you name/sing? My sons will tell you that I sang much of the time when we were in the car traveling together. Musicals were a favorite and this show was a staple.


A woman sitting behind us, whom I would guess to be an octogenarian, is a retired kindergarten teacher in a small agricultural community not far from Modesto. One of her students had a full time body guard. His last name was Gallo. (This is true, but mind you the woman told Tom and I that everyone calls her "Boots!")





Notice Matt Cover's name, Tom's friend, who arranged the Les Miserables experience with us in San Francisco last Tuesday,



And Krista, who also went with us, played the lead, Maria. It really enhances the experience when I know people involved in the production. This production was sold out and was EXCEPTIONAL. Maria was OUTSTANDING.
Tom connecting with Matt in the pit following the matinee performance.

Beautiful Krista, the star, back stage after spending time with Matt's friend, the casting producer for Glee. He was encouraging and she was thrilled.

And, yes, I asked for her autograph!

Finally, Sushi at Osaca for the second time this week. Check out the caterpillar roll on the right! So pretty! Both Tom and Matt are happy, but exhaused.

And for those who are interested in learning more about Modesto, follow this link.

http://www.historicmodesto.com/about.html 

Tom has been here eight years now, moving here in the summer of 2004, following a girl he met on the internet. She had a mother quicker than I was who sent him a plane ticket before college graduation to come to the Modesto area to look for a job. The rest is history. (No, he is not with the girl anymore, but likes his job, friends, and church. I can visit more now than I could before.)

I will be heading to Cousin Diane's in Lodi Monday for a visit and she will get me to the airport on Tuesday as my adventure takes me to Seattle where I will visit with Mickie and Lorrie.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment