Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day #7 Trek Through the Rockies on I-70 - Destination: Salt Lake City

On the road early for the 9+ hour drive. Although long, it did not seem so as the views of the Rockies were spectacular all day long. God's handiwork is amazing and I found myself brimming with tears often. How fortunate I am!

Yesterday our tour guide, Gerald, tried to show us the buffalo herd that the state of Colorado maintains simply for tourist attraction. We were hopeful we would catch them this morning... The photos show our success. They actually have a "Buffalo viewing" ramp right off I-70 going west.





Red Rock with Iron deposits

White Rock - granite looking
Aspen Trees



Still in Colorado


One vista after another. Now near Vail, CO.
This is the "Welcome to Utah" sign. Really. Tom was going 75 mph. There was construction going on and I got trigger happy afraid that I would miss it. You will just have to believe me.

Off I-70 and onto windy roads making our way to Salt Lake City.

Almost to Provo, UT, on Route 6 W.

This is the view from our hotel in Murray, UT, 20 minutes from downtown Salt Lake. We will go into the city for dinner tonight and get a good night of sleep for the long last leg to Modesto, CA, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment