Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day #13 The Les Miserables experience in SF

I took perverse pleasure in sleeping in until 9 a.m. PDT this morning. (Yes, that is noon on the East coast.) The primary satisfaction came as Tom had to get up and go to work at his regular time, even though we were not back to the apartment until 1:15 a.m. This is good role reversal.


"D" was the winning theatre attire. Seven people helped me with the selection: Paul (FL), Tom (CA), Amy (NY), Teresa (NY), Lissa (NY), Kim (NY), and Melodie (CA). Thanks for the help!
  • The best comment came from cousin Kim, "go with what men say... sorry ladies." 


Waiting at the Dublin BART station: Me, Krista, Tom and Matt in the back. We will see Krista play Maria in the Sound of Music at the Gallo Theatre in Modesto on Sunday afternoon. Matt is the music director for this big community theatre production.

Matt suggested I might want to fix my wind blown hair. I told him it was my punk look. (How's it working for you?)

We have arrived! Yay!

Matt picks up our tickets at "Will Call"



Great seats, center balcony. Spectacular venue!

The ceiling was impressive and the photo does not do it justice.

Each production is unique. They have added much to the orchestration and using more technology for backdrops and special effects. I will have to check old playbills, but I am reasonably certain that I saw the actor, Andrew Valera, who played Javert in SF in the role of Jean Valjean. Many, many chills throughout.

My favorite sequence of scenes is during act 2 in the barricade, ending with Jean Valjean singing "Bring Him Home" to Marius. Excellent theatre actual has lingering chill moments just thinking about the scene and the power of the story and music lines. I am satisfied!

A quiet pool day is in order. Perhaps a nap as well. Because I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment