Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day #2 - Indy

8:00 a.m. Tom has already left for work. I am planning my day. The International Drum Corps Competition is in town. (Saw evidence on my way in yesterday, almost stopping to get a picture as I guessed they must be here to welcome me!)
A BIG parade with 95% bands... 24 of them who were eliminated in the preliminary rounds. The twelve top will compete tonight at Lucas Oil Stadium where the Colts play and a short walk from our hotel.  I took a long walk through the city, amazed at the great urban planning and ended at the War Memorial where all 24 corps played "Simple Gifts" on the stairs. I was moved to tears more than once today. God has blessed me greatly.


I won't post all my pictures of Drum Corps International, but as you can see below, Tom and I were loving it!


We pack up in the morning and will see the Indy Speedway and the Brickyard before the short jaunt to St. Louis. Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment