Monday, August 13, 2012

Day #3 Short Leg from Indianapolis to St. Louis

Laundry done. (Tom's been here a full week.) Car is loaded with conference supplies. (Part of the rationale for him to drive across country with me. The organization he works for doesn't have to pay for his flight back or pay to ship supplies.) Pulling out around 10:30 a.m.

Brief stop at Speedway, Indianapolis and the Hall of Fame.
1911 winner and 2011 winner

Just cool!

Passed through Illinois en route to St. Louis.
Welcome to Missouri! Arrived at 4 p.m. CDT
The Arch is just plain impressive!


Views from the 16th floor.
Mark Twain and I get acquainted while sounding the horn prior to boarding the pod going to the top of The Arch!
View from the top - Ram's Stadium.
In the pod. Going down!

Can you see Tom's reflection in the arch-view from our 16th floor room?
My sons will tell you that I am always looking for a boat ride. I have been listening to "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" audio book - so this is perfect!
"I could sit here all day like a cat in the sun. How long can we stay, Mom?"








 








No comments:

Post a Comment